Established in 1897, Bermingham is North America’s most experienced Foundation and Marine specialty contractor as well as the foremost manufacturer of custom Foundation Construction equipment.
Dedicated and hard working individuals have been the driving force behind Bermingham Foundation Solutions for over a century. With a challenging and rewarding work environment with opportunities for personal growth and development, Bermingham Foundation Solutions invites qualified individuals to explore our career opportunities.
Bermingham is a 115 year old Hamilton Company that encourages equal opportunity and personal growth for all employees
Recent and pending retirements and continued growth have created the following opportunities. These are full time positions with benefits.
Please direct general career inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org, or use the links below to apply for a specific posted position. Applications should include a cover letter, resume, and clearly identify the career code and title.
Current Job Opportunities
C102 - Construction Data Logger
The Construction Data Logger, working under direct supervision of the Site Superintendent, Project Coordinator and Project Manager, is responsible for documenting the pile driving installation details and material tracking for Bermingham’s project at the NOVA plant in Corunna. Below is a list of responsibilities. Responsibilities may change dependent on the specific requirements of the project.
- Participate and adhere to company and client safety program for the construction site
- Data logging and reporting during pile installation
- Client site requires strict adherence to site specific training, rules and PPE requirements
- Assist with the planning, coordination and implementation of the pile installation project
- Track and summarize pile materials and installation on daily basis
- Provide support to project team included the general contractor and client
- Quality assurance
- Assist in preparing information summaries defining data summary for pile installation and project progress
- Attend onsite meetings as required
- Current student or recent graduate in Construction / Engineering program from Post-secondary institution
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word programs
- Excellent communication skills and record keeping abilities
- Reliable self-starter working in strict behavior-based site
- Work well with fellow employees and follow instructions
To apply for this position, please include a resume and use the following email link: Apply for the Construction Data Logger position.
M104 - Manufacturing Engineer
Bermingham’s manufacturing facility in Hamilton, Ontario services both Bermingham Construction in Canada and third party customers globally.
The Manufacturing Engineer reports to the Production and Inventory Control Manager and works with the plant Supervisors (Welding, Machine Shop and Assembly) along with Purchasing, Sales, Engineering and Construction. They are responsible for executing, maintaining and managing projects for waste reduction, productivity, and continuous improvement initiatives and quality enhancement opportunities.
The Manufacturing Engineer and the Productions and Inventory Control Manager are expected to cover for each other when one is absent.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain BOM's (control of changes and structure)
- Manage and audit the production routing data in the ERP system to support costing models
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout
- Apply LEAN manufacturing tools and principles to all industrial engineering activities
- Daily interaction with all departments regarding manufacturing and maintaining appropriate supply levels
- Work with various departments in identifying critical issues relative to raw materials and production planning
- Other duties/tasks as may be necessary
- Post-secondary education in Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering, or related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent Problem Solving and Troubleshooting skills
- Accountable, Dependable, and Organized
- The ability to read blueprints and technical drawings is a definite asset
- Proficient with typical ERP/MRP software, Visual ERP preferred
- Proficient in computer software such as MS Office, AutoCAD and Solidworks
- Proficient with inventory control management and procedures – min/max levels, Kan-Ban.
- Work safely and efficiently
- Be comfortable working in an office setting as well as being on the shop floor
To apply for this position, please include a resume and use the following email link: Apply for the Manufacturing Engineer position.
C101 - Construction Superintendent
Established in 1897, Bermingham is North America’s oldest Foundation and Marine specialty contractor. This position will appeal to those that enjoy working on heavy civil works and on some of Canada’s largest projects. Your technical background is an advantage when building deep foundations and soil retention systems. Living and traveling allowance will be provided as required. Occasional opportunities are also available for international work with the Equipment Division if the employee is interested.
Please download the job description to view the full information.
To apply for this position, please include a resume and use the following email link: Apply for the Construction Superintendent position.