Berminghammer Foundation Equipment now exists under the umbrella of Soletanche Bachy Canada. Established by the merger of Bermingham Foundation Solutions and AGRA Foundations, SB Canada opens new career opportunities for prospective employees.
The following positions are currently open for the SB Canada equipment division in Hamilton, Ontario. Applications should include a cover letter, resume, and clearly identify the career title.
For positions in our Construction Divisions (East and West), please refer to https://www.sb-canada.com/careers/.
Current Job Opportunities
Berminghammer Foundation Equipment (“Berminghammer”), a division of Soletanche Bachy Canada (“SB Canada”) is a world leader in specialized deep foundation construction equipment. Our Engineers and Designers work with customers to develop solutions to their unique job challenges. These solutions are brought to life using the latest 3D design software and manufactured in house in our 50,000 sq-ft manufacturing plant in Hamilton, ON.
We are currently seeking an Engineering Manager to oversee the mechanical engineering department by managing the engineering resources to ensure policies and procedures are followed. This technical role will be very involved in the detailed concept development, quoting, and final design through the project lifecycle.
Schedule “A” – Key Responsibilities of Position
- Plan, organize, direct and run optimum day-to-day operations to exceed our customers’ expectations
- Responsibility for delegation of projects to the engineering team, to meet all production targets.
- Work with sales and manufacturing on new bids to estimate production costs and lead-times
- Plan and execute R&D activities to meet long term business development goals
- Allocate resources effectively and fully utilize assets to produce optimal results
- Implement strategies in alignment with strategic initiatives and provide a clear sense of direction and focus
- Monitor operations and trigger corrective actions where needed
- Share a trusting relationship with workgroup and recruit, manage and develop plant staff
- Collect and analyze data to find places of waste or overtime
- Commit to the highest levels of product quality and safety
- Develop systems and processes that track and optimize productivity and standards, metrics and performance targets
- Promote and be an active member in SB Canada’s HSE-MS
- Bachelor of Science or higher degree in Engineering
- P.Eng. designation preferred
- Proven work experience as an engineering supervisor/manager
- Experience with AutoCad and SolidWorks or other 3D modeling software
- Finite Element Analysis experience an asset
- Experience with mobile hydraulics an asset
- Strong Technical knowledge/mechanical aptitude
- Knowledge of heavy fabrication processes, including plasma cutting, welding, machining, painting
- Proven managerial experience
- Experience dealing with technical sales staff and end customers
- Computer literacy
- Ability to create accountability and to lead by example
- Strong team building, decision-making and people management skills
By joining our team, you will become part of a growing team and have opportunities to build strong relationships with industry leaders from around the world. A competitive benefits package is just another reason why Berminghammer is a great place to work.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please apply by email or send your resume via fax to 780-466-7465.
Only candidates being considered for this position will be contacted. SB Canada is an equal opportunity employer.